Thursday, February 11, 2016

Assignment 1-My 5 Collages

Yes, you see this picture right. My grandfather gave me the idea that I should have a "Colorado" courtroom(because marijuana is legal there) where Willie Nelson, the king of smoking marijuana, should be the judge. I also decided to crop in some big marijuana activists in the picture as well. You will find Seth Rogen, Miley Cyrus, Snoop Dogg, Wiz Khalifa, and Bob Marley in the picture. I started with Willie Nelson as the judge. Obviously Willie isn't a judge so I had to crop his face on a judge's body, who originally had a thumbs down so I had to change that. Next I cropped everyone else and made them look like they were actually sitting in the chairs. The last thing I did was put smoke over the entire picture and turned the opacity down.

This is one that I posted the other day. I made it to depict that society worships people like Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian more than they should. These people are not role models to me. I cropped all of their faces using the lasso tool. I sized them and changed their perspective so they would match the presidents. I saturated them to make them the color of the rock. I blurred and smudged them to blend in with the rock.

I got the idea for this one from a painting I saw of Kristen Bell as Anna from Frozen. I thought it would be neat to show the voices behind the characters as the character they play. Idina Menzel is Elsa, Kristen Bell is Anna, Tom Hanks is Woody, Tim Allen is Buzz Lightyear, John Goodman is Sulley, Robin Williams is Genie, and Mandy Moore is Rapunzel. I used the lasso tool to crop their faces and sized them to match the characters. I used the hue-saturation and color tools to make them the colors of their characters. I used the smudge tool to blend them to their characters.

This is my favorite picture by far. The little girl looks like my little cousin, so I thought it would be neat to do something with her. I have her sitting on the moon blowing "bubbles" that are the planets in their order from the son. (Yes, I know it would've made more sense to have her sitting on the sun, but that's just unrealistic) ;) I used stars as my background and cropped the moon, the girl, and the planets using the magic wand tool. On the planet mercury, I smudged it into the bubble wand to show it the girl blowing it. I used brightness and contrast to make the colors seem like they belonged.

Everyone knows the saying "it's raining cats and dogs." I wanted to actually make that idea come to life. I cropped all of the animals into the picture. I added noise to the background picture and each individual picture to make it look like rain.


3 comments:

  1. Lol I got a kick out of all of these images! I like that you gave a description of each one, but the first image had some blurry cutouts. I don't know if that was on purpose (considering the subject), but that would be a question to consider answering the next time you write descriptions of your images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are, for the most part, pretty solid and show your sense of humor. Strongest among them I think are the Mt. Rushmore, Disney, and Planet-bubbles images. In those the elements are integrated nicely. In your first image, I'm not sure what happened, but the figures are very blurry. Maybe this was your intention, but they end up being in stark contrast to the sharply focused background. Your cats & dogs image is also nicely done, but you have some white halos around some of the animals that is either the result of a bit too much feathering on the cuts or not making your cuts quite close enough to the animal and accidentally grabbing some of the background. That's a small gripe, though. Well done overall.

    ReplyDelete