Monday, February 8, 2016

Mount Rushmore--well, sort of

This is my first collage. I wanted to show how society seems to "praise" celebrities who shouldn't be. From left to right the picture shows Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Kanye West, and Kim Kardashian. All of these people are celebrities that I don't see as role models in my own eyes. The first thing I did was use the lasso effect to crop out their faces. I copied and pasted their faces onto the original Mount Rushmore picture. I saturated all of the faces to make the rock effect. I then used the burn tool to darken the shadows to look as though the faces were actually carved. I used the smudge tool to blend the celebrities' faces with the presidents' faces.


1 comment:

  1. Ha! I always love when a student's sense of humor comes out in these collages. This is pretty fun on its own, but I think there are some things that could be done to blend the edges of the faces a bit more. Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you some pointers.

    ReplyDelete